Friday, April 9, 2010

Empire State Building-Best thing yet!

I've been wanting to go the Empire State Building since I got here in December.  No one ever wants to go with me but my mom promised she would accompany me on my journey.  We had heard that if you go early in the morning, you can beat the lines.  We ignored that and went late at night.  I wanted it to look just like the scene in Sleepless in Seattle--so of course we had to go at night! There was hardly a line--we ended up waiting for about an hour total but that included both elevator rides up to the 86th floor.  You could pay more and go to the 102nd floor, but we figured 86 was high enough.

When we finally got to the top, it was magical.  I finally got to see "the lights" as they were meant to be seen.  Everyone up there was in awe.  It was one of my most favorite moments of New York.

No comments:

Post a Comment